CANADA: Cott launches Spider-Man soft drinks across US
Cott Corporation has launched Spider-Man 3 soft drinks in the US with Wal-Mart.
The Canada-based soft drinks company has teamed up with Columbia Pictures' Spider-Man 3 to launch the flavours Green Apple, Blue Raspberry and Orange in 12-pack 8oz small portion cans. The merchandised beverage will be available in all Wal-Mart stores across the US.
The products have 33% less sugar than regular soft drinks and are fortified with eight vitamins and minerals, Cott said.
"This is a great seasonal addition to a retailer's beverage program and demonstrates our ability to support brands with exceptional products and packaging," said Cott chief executive Brent Willis.
For the first three months of this year, the Canadian company saw net income reach C$4.8m (US$4.3m), or $0.07 per diluted share, compared to a loss of C$2.1m, or $0.03 per diluted share, in the first quarter of 2006.
The growth of still soft drinks, such as juices and functional waters, presents manufacturers with a problem, as they are more susceptible to spoilage than traditional carbonated drinks. However, thei...
The drinks industry has not been immune from the growing influence of private equity groups (PEGS) in the corporate world. Critics argue that PEGs hark back to the worst excesses of 1980s corporate gr...
Isbre Holding Corp has entered into a distribution arrangement with Marz Beverage Company to market Isbre bottled Norwegian glacier spring water throughout New Jersey....
Cott Corporation has posted a loss in what the company has described as a "disappointing" third quarter....
Soft drinks own-label specialist Cott Corporation has lowered its earnings and sales forecasts for 2007, and is now expecting revenue growth to be flat and operating income to be "substantially lower"...
Cott Corporation's Mexican business has acquired the assets of the El Riego company in Mexico....
A senior executive at Cott Corporation is set to leave the company as part of a consolidation of its leadership team....
Cott Corporation has posted a sharp slide in profit for its second quarter....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China