CANADA: Cott Corporation Responds To Unsolicited, Below-Market Offer
Cott Corporation announced today that it was notified on June 28, 2000 that TRC Capital Corporation of Toronto, has commenced an unsolicited tender offer for 2,250,000 common shares of Cott Corporation, which represents approximately 3.8% of Cott's outstanding common shares. The price being offered is $US5.20 per share. TRC's offer states that the offer price is 5.5% below Cott's price on June 27, 2000, on the NASDAQ National Market, the day prior to the date of TRC offer. The closing price on NASDAQ on June 28 was $US5.75. The TRC offer was unsolicited and is not recommended, endorsed or encouraged in any way by Cott Corporation. Shareowners who are considering selling their shares are urged to consult a financial advisor before doing so. Cott is the world's largest retailer brand beverage supplier, with manufacturing facilities in its three core markets of Canada, the U.K. and the U.S.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch