CANADA: Cott Corporation Responds To Unsolicited, Below-Market Offer
Cott Corporation announced today that it was notified on June 28, 2000 that TRC Capital Corporation of Toronto, has commenced an unsolicited tender offer for 2,250,000 common shares of Cott Corporation, which represents approximately 3.8% of Cott's outstanding common shares. The price being offered is $US5.20 per share. TRC's offer states that the offer price is 5.5% below Cott's price on June 27, 2000, on the NASDAQ National Market, the day prior to the date of TRC offer. The closing price on NASDAQ on June 28 was $US5.75. The TRC offer was unsolicited and is not recommended, endorsed or encouraged in any way by Cott Corporation. Shareowners who are considering selling their shares are urged to consult a financial advisor before doing so. Cott is the world's largest retailer brand beverage supplier, with manufacturing facilities in its three core markets of Canada, the U.K. and the U.S.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review