CANADA: Cott Corp unveils CFO
Cott Corporation has confirmed the appointment of its new chief financial officer.
The Canada-based store-brand beverage producer said yesterday (12 March) that Juan Figuereo will assume the position from 26 March, replacing interim CFO Tina Dell'Aquila. Figuereo joins Cott from Wal-Mart International, where he has been vice president of mergers and acquisitions since 2003.
Prior to joining Wal-Mart, Figuereo spent 15 years with PepsiCo in a number of international finance and general management roles.
"Juan's extensive global experience and his hands-on leadership of financial turnarounds is a perfect fit for Cott at this stage in our company's evolution," said Brent Willis, Cott's CEO.
Last month, Cott posted losses of C$17.5m (US$14.8m) for 2006, blaming costs related to plant closures in the US and to its UK resin supplier going into receivership.
Coca-Cola suffered a reversal of fortune in Germany in 2003 when it refused to adapt in the face of new recycling laws. But reform of the packaging legislation, coupled with a major marketing push las...
PepsiCo has heralded its latest addition to the Gatorade stable as "a whole new platform"....
Bisleri is looking to muscle in on The Coca-Cola Company's and PepsiCo's sponsorship of Indian international cricket, according to local reports....
PepsiAmericas has set up a joint venture to buy Bulgarian company Agrima in an effort to expand its distribution in the country....
Reed's has hired a former Red Bull employee to help in its distribution sales department....
Cott Corporation's Mexican business has acquired the assets of the El Riego company in Mexico....
Reed's has appointed a new senior vice president of sales for the US....
Lebedyansky has paid a dividend for common stocks for 2006....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report