CANADA/UK/US: Cott Corp lines up Calypso Soft Drinks purchase
Cott Corp is set to up its UK footprint with the purchase of Calypso Soft Drinks
Cott Corp has announced that its UK arm is set to buy the parent company of Calypso Soft Drinks in the country.
The North American group said earlier today (30 April) that it will acquire Cooke Bros Holdings Ltd via its UK & Europe reporting segment. Cooke Bros owns Calypso and Mr Freeze (Europe) Ltd. Calypso is “a privately-owned soft drink and freezable business based in Wrexham”, Cott said.
Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
“The Calypso Soft Drinks acquisition falls within the diversification strategy of the UK reporting segment as it brings new soft drink packaging formats such as single-serve Combi cartons, single-serve cups and cuplets and two freezable formats into the Cott portfolio,” said Steve Corby, director of Cott's UK reporting segment. “We look forward to building on the solid foundation already established.”
The transaction, which still requires clearance from the UK's Office of Fair Trading, should close in June.
Cott already owns the Old Jamaica ginger beer brand in the UK.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Remy Cointreau sees H1 sales, profits rise
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts