CANADA/UK/US: Cott Corp lines up Calypso Soft Drinks purchase
Cott Corp is set to up its UK footprint with the purchase of Calypso Soft Drinks
Cott Corp has announced that its UK arm is set to buy the parent company of Calypso Soft Drinks in the country.
The North American group said earlier today (30 April) that it will acquire Cooke Bros Holdings Ltd via its UK & Europe reporting segment. Cooke Bros owns Calypso and Mr Freeze (Europe) Ltd. Calypso is “a privately-owned soft drink and freezable business based in Wrexham”, Cott said.
Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
“The Calypso Soft Drinks acquisition falls within the diversification strategy of the UK reporting segment as it brings new soft drink packaging formats such as single-serve Combi cartons, single-serve cups and cuplets and two freezable formats into the Cott portfolio,” said Steve Corby, director of Cott's UK reporting segment. “We look forward to building on the solid foundation already established.”
The transaction, which still requires clearance from the UK's Office of Fair Trading, should close in June.
Cott already owns the Old Jamaica ginger beer brand in the UK.
Cott is the world’s largest supplier of private label products in soft drinks. Its primary strength is North America, however it has faced a challenging environment particularly in carbonates as Coca-...
Carbonated Soft Drinks in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profil...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future