CANADA/UK/US: Cott Corp lines up Calypso Soft Drinks purchase
Cott Corp is set to up its UK footprint with the purchase of Calypso Soft Drinks
Cott Corp has announced that its UK arm is set to buy the parent company of Calypso Soft Drinks in the country.
The North American group said earlier today (30 April) that it will acquire Cooke Bros Holdings Ltd via its UK & Europe reporting segment. Cooke Bros owns Calypso and Mr Freeze (Europe) Ltd. Calypso is “a privately-owned soft drink and freezable business based in Wrexham”, Cott said.
Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
“The Calypso Soft Drinks acquisition falls within the diversification strategy of the UK reporting segment as it brings new soft drink packaging formats such as single-serve Combi cartons, single-serve cups and cuplets and two freezable formats into the Cott portfolio,” said Steve Corby, director of Cott's UK reporting segment. “We look forward to building on the solid foundation already established.”
The transaction, which still requires clearance from the UK's Office of Fair Trading, should close in June.
Cott already owns the Old Jamaica ginger beer brand in the UK.
Cott is the world’s largest supplier of private label products in soft drinks. Its primary strength is North America, however it has faced a challenging environment particularly in carbonates as Coca-...
Carbonated Soft Drinks in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profil...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research