CANADA/UK/US: Cott Corp lines up Calypso Soft Drinks purchase
Cott Corp is set to up its UK footprint with the purchase of Calypso Soft Drinks
Cott Corp has announced that its UK arm is set to buy the parent company of Calypso Soft Drinks in the country.
The North American group said earlier today (30 April) that it will acquire Cooke Bros Holdings Ltd via its UK & Europe reporting segment. Cooke Bros owns Calypso and Mr Freeze (Europe) Ltd. Calypso is “a privately-owned soft drink and freezable business based in Wrexham”, Cott said.
Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
“The Calypso Soft Drinks acquisition falls within the diversification strategy of the UK reporting segment as it brings new soft drink packaging formats such as single-serve Combi cartons, single-serve cups and cuplets and two freezable formats into the Cott portfolio,” said Steve Corby, director of Cott's UK reporting segment. “We look forward to building on the solid foundation already established.”
The transaction, which still requires clearance from the UK's Office of Fair Trading, should close in June.
Cott already owns the Old Jamaica ginger beer brand in the UK.
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research