CANADA/US: Cott Corp completes $50m share offer
Cott Corporation has successfully raised $50m via a share offering.
Net proceeds from the offering totalled $47.5m, the private label specialist soft drinks group said today (11 August).
Cott Corp said earlier this month that it had secured a deal to raise the funds by issuing around 9.4m shares at $5.3 per share.
"Successfully completing this equity offering is an important step in our strategy to reduce our debt and strengthen our balance sheet," said Cott chief financial officer Juan Figuereo.
Buyers of the shares were a syndicate of underwriters led by TD Securities Inc. and including CIBC and BMO Capital Markets.
It would appear that, beyond the shadow of one major transaction, the soft drinks and water categories had a year of innovation and controversy. A colourful 12 months for the sector, then, as Ben Coop...
Analysts have downgraded Cott Corporation shares from 'buy' to 'hold' amid signs of a weakening in US private label carbonated soft drinks market in the fourth quarter....
The tender offer for Cott Corporation's 8.0% senior subordinated notes, due in 2011, has expired....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research