CANADA/US: Cott Corp completes $50m share offer
Cott Corporation has successfully raised $50m via a share offering.
Net proceeds from the offering totalled $47.5m, the private label specialist soft drinks group said today (11 August).
Cott Corp said earlier this month that it had secured a deal to raise the funds by issuing around 9.4m shares at $5.3 per share.
"Successfully completing this equity offering is an important step in our strategy to reduce our debt and strengthen our balance sheet," said Cott chief financial officer Juan Figuereo.
Buyers of the shares were a syndicate of underwriters led by TD Securities Inc. and including CIBC and BMO Capital Markets.
It would appear that, beyond the shadow of one major transaction, the soft drinks and water categories had a year of innovation and controversy. A colourful 12 months for the sector, then, as Ben Coop...
Analysts have downgraded Cott Corporation shares from 'buy' to 'hold' amid signs of a weakening in US private label carbonated soft drinks market in the fourth quarter....
The tender offer for Cott Corporation's 8.0% senior subordinated notes, due in 2011, has expired....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research