Cott Corp buys Eden Springs
Cott Corp has agreed to acquire office coffee and water supplier Eden Springs for EUR470m (US$525m) as it looks to strengthen its position in the water and coffee machine market.
The company is currently owned by investment entities affiliated with Rhône Capital. The acquisition is expected to close in the third quarter of 2016.
Eden Springs will continue to be led by its current CEO, Raanan Zilberman.
"The acquisition is a great step in Cott's strategy to pursue opportunities in the home and office water delivery, office coffee and tea services and filtration categories where we believe our platform, operating strength and synergies can be leveraged," said Cott CEO Jerry Fowden.
Eden Springs is headquartered in Switzerland. It services 800,000 offices and homes in 18 countries.
Today's announcement follow's Cott Corp's US$1.25bn acquisition of DSS Group, the parent company of DS Services of America, in 2014. DS Services is a direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services.
Sparkling water has become popular in developed countries such as the US and Canada, especially among health-conscious consumers who prefer it as an alternative to carbonated beverages. A large number...
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global hot drinks market during March....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director