US: Cott completes leadership team
Cott Corporation said yesterday (27 September) that it had completed the formation of its senior leadership team with the hiring of Rick Dobry to the position of chief manufacturing & supply chain officer. In addition, the company has promoted Edmund O'Keeffe to the expanded role of vice president, strategy and investor Relations.
"We are extremely fortunate to have someone of Rick Dobry's caliber join Cott," said Brent Willis, CEO of Cott Corporation. "His depth of world-class experience across all aspects of supply chain, operations and manufacturing will be a major force in driving our cost control and improved performance globally."
As chief manufacturing & supply chain officer, Dobry will oversee Cott's global manufacturing, supply chain, logistics, quality and R&D functions. He joins the company with a career history in consumer packaged goods. He was most recently president, Americas supply for Diageo.
Thw company said O'Keeffe, meanwhile, will play a key role working with the business units to identify opportunities for growth and to convert strategy into action plans and measurable targets. He will also continue to lead Cott's investor relations function.
"Edmund has extensive knowledge of the beverage industry, our retail customers and all of our markets. He'll be a valuable addition to the Cott Management Committee and he'll work closely with me to drive our strategic agenda forward," said Willis.
"We are very pleased that our new senior leadership team has come together so quickly. These two appointments to Cott's Management Committee will add great depth of experience and will help accelerate the progress in our three key areas of focus - reducing costs, becoming our retail customers' best partner and driving innovation," added Willis.
Rick Dobry's appointment is effective 23 October 2006. Edmund O'Keeffe's promotion is effective immediately.
Riding the twin waves of a booming premium spirits market and growth in Tequila, The Patrón Spirits Company has made great strides in a short space of time. In this month's Just the Answer interview, ...
Economic growth and rising personal incomes in the Asia Pacific region may make it an exciting growth area for international brands but the potential for international spirits varies considerably from...
India's UB Group is close to finally sealing the takeover of UK distiller Whyte & Mackay, just-drinks understands. UB, headed by Indian billionaire Vijay Mallya, has pursued Whyte & Mackay since start...
Global spirits force Diageo has launched a lime-infused version of its premium gin Tanqueray in the US....
V&S Group is mulling whether to launch a television push behind flagship vodka Absolut in the UK....
Diageo has appointed a new head for its business in South Korea....
Cott Corporation has added to its board of directors....
The global brand director for J&B hopes the upcoming GBP10m (US$19.2m) push behind the Scotch whisky brand will help it achieve the global "credibility" it has in Spain, its largest market....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts