US/CANADA: Cott Beverages issues second round of notes for Cliffstar
Cott Beverages hopes to raise a further US$375m for its Cliffstar purchase
Cott Beverages has lined up another note placement – again for US$375m - to fund its acquisition of Cliffstar Corporation.
The unit of Cott Corporation, which issued a set of notes for the same amount earlier this month, said yesterday (12 August) that the new notes will mature on 1 September, 2018. At a rate of 8.125% per annum, the interest will be paid semi-annually in arrears from 1 March next year.
“Cott intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to fund a portion of the purchase price and related fees and expenses for the previously-announced and pending acquisition of substantially all of the assets and liabilities of Cliffstar Corporation and its affiliated companies,” the firm said.
The purchase of Cliffstar, announced last month, will pair “the number one private-label carbonated soft drink and number one private-label juice manufacturers", Cott said at the time.
The second round-up in our Review of the Year series sees Ben Cooper consider a busy 12 months for our soft drink brethren....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)