CANADA: Cott Beverages in senior notes offering
The offering of the notes will close alongside the completion of the Cliffstar acquisition
Cott Beverages, a subsidiary of Cott Corporation, is to offer US$375m in senior notes.
The firm said yesterday (4 August) that it intends to use the net proceeds from the offering, due 2018, to fund a portion of its purchase of Cliffstar Corporation announced last month.
The offering of the notes is expected to close alongside the completion of the Cliffstar Corp acquisition.
Cott said it intends to finance the remaining portion of the acquisition through an increase in borrowings from its lending facility and a public offering of $65m its common shares.
Yesterday, the company recorded a drop in profits for the first six months of the year.
The second round-up in our Review of the Year series sees Ben Cooper consider a busy 12 months for our soft drink brethren....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report