CANADA: Cott Beverages in senior notes offering
The offering of the notes will close alongside the completion of the Cliffstar acquisition
Cott Beverages, a subsidiary of Cott Corporation, is to offer US$375m in senior notes.
The firm said yesterday (4 August) that it intends to use the net proceeds from the offering, due 2018, to fund a portion of its purchase of Cliffstar Corporation announced last month.
The offering of the notes is expected to close alongside the completion of the Cliffstar Corp acquisition.
Cott said it intends to finance the remaining portion of the acquisition through an increase in borrowings from its lending facility and a public offering of $65m its common shares.
Yesterday, the company recorded a drop in profits for the first six months of the year.
The second round-up in our Review of the Year series sees Ben Cooper consider a busy 12 months for our soft drink brethren....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research