FRANCE: Cotes du Rhone exports slip in 2009 - figures
2009 was a tough year for Cotes du Rhone
Exports of AOC Cotes du Rhone wines fell in both volume and value terms last year, according to recent figures.
The region's trade body, InterRhone, said earlier this week that exports in 2009 were down by 4.2% year-on-year in volume to 729,172 hectolitres, and fell by 3.3% in value terms to EUR285.8m (US$380.8m).
The decline had been limited to relatively modest levels due to a strong end to the year, InterRhône said. The more buoyant market conditions have continued into 2010.
The prevailing downward trend in exports last year differed significantly from market to market. In the UK, its major export outlet, Cotes du Rhone, along with French AOCs as a whole, had suffered from the combined effects of the increase in alcohol duties and the weakness of sterling against the euro which had led to retailers seeking low price products, InterRhône added.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research