US: Corona promo push heads for the beach in '07
Crown Imports has unveiled its 2007 advertising campaign for the Corona and Corona Light beer brands in the US.
The company said yesterday (8 March) that the print, television and outdoor campaign begins this month, and sticks with the 'Corona moments' angle it has run with over the last 18 years.
The print and outdoor push focuses on 'Escape to the Beach', with bottle shots on a beach in Mexico, which will appear in national publications including FHM, Maxim and Rolling Stone. The television adverts, meanwhile, will also link in to the beach scene, and will run on network late night, national syndication and network cable shows including Late Show with David Letterman and Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
"Corona is more than just an escape, it's a reward," said Timm Amundson, vice president of marketing for Corona and Corona Light for Crown Imports. "In addition to the relaxing beach, it's also the fun and irreverence that make Corona such a unique brand in the category."
Brewed by Grupo Modelo, Corona is currently the number one imported beer brand in the US.
Given how many times the position of chief executive of Constellation Europe has changed hands recently, and the problems the company has faced in the crucial UK market, the more cynical observers mig...
Crown Imports has promoted its vice president of national accounts to the position of senior vice president....
US drinks distributor Silver Eagle Distributors L.P. has acquired all assets of BudCo, the Anheuser-Busch and Grupo Modelo sales, marketing and distribution company for 13 counties in South Texas....
Anheuser-Busch has posted a steady rise in profits and sales for its second quarter....
A local broker has lowered its coverage of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
Crown Imports has appointed a new vice president of marketing....
Grupo Modelo and Carlsberg have sealed a deal that will see the Mexican giant import and distribute the Danish brand in Mexico by the second half of the year....
Top executives at Anheuser-Busch were in bullish mood at the recent BUD Investor Conference held in St Louis, giving an optimistic outlook for the US brewing giant's future prospects, both in the US a...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages