UK: Corona prepares gift for Christmas
Corona Extra is gearing up for Christmas with the launch of a gift pack in the UK.
The Mexican brand, owned by Grupo Modelo and distributed in the UK by Wells and Young's, will be available in the packs exclusively in over 600 Tesco stores. The pack consists of two 330ml bottles, a branded bottle cooling jacket, bottle opener and four coasters, and will be available in the country from this week.
An on-pack promotion will also run, offering one winner a party for themselves and 20 friends on a Corona Extra double decker bus.
"The gift pack will further enhance our exposure in the market in the run-up to Christmas," said Angel Garcia Gomez, head of Corona Extra in the UK. "With strong branding of the ultimate party beer on the packaging, it gives Corona Extra a chance to communicate the essence of the brand on the shelf."
Corona boasted a 30% leap in sales in the UK for the first half of the year, lifting the brand to become the second-largest premium packaged lager in the country.
Crown Imports has unveiled its 2007 advertising campaign for the Corona and Corona Light beer brands in the US....
Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo has reported a 6% rise in fourth-quarter profits thanks to rising sales at home and abroad....
An advertising push for Chinese beer brand Tsingtao has begun in the US....
US beer distributor Crown Imports has lined up a fresh print advertising campaign for German beer brand St. Pauli Girl....
Anheuser-Busch has reported a 12% jump in profits during 2006 thanks to contributions from its stable of imported beers and growing sales overseas....
Gambrinus Co. is giving up distribution of a second imported beer brand in the US....
Mexico's Grupo Modelo and French group Nestle Waters have sealed their joint venture for the Mexican bottled water market....
Crown Imports has unveiled its first US television advertisement for Modelo-owned beer brand Pacifico....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future