US: Corona Light launches 12oz can
Grupo Modelo has said it is extending its Corona Light range in the US with a new 12oz "tall" can, to be rolled out across southern states this December.
The new can, which will be launched across the US from early 2009, is targeted at active consumers who may find it difficult to drink Corona from a bottle, the Mexico-based brewer said on Friday (24 October).
"The 12oz can package fits the lifestyle of the Corona Light consumer who, our research shows, is very active, participating in such activities as camping, fishing, bicycling, water sports and beach activities," said Mark McKeown, director of business information for Crown Imports, which imports Corona into the US.
"This new can enables the consumer to enjoy Corona Light in just about any occasion," added McKeown.
The launch will be supported by point-of-sale notices, the firm said. Corona Light increased volumes by 10.5% year-on-year in 2007, Modelo added.
Modelo, the Mexico-based brewer, has reported a 14% drop in net profits for the first quarter of 2009, due to higher raw materials costs and tax charges....
Constellation Brands has announced that the president and CEO of its Constellation Services business, Andy Berk, is to retire....
The vice president of corporate communications at Crown Imports has been named chairman of the National Association of Beverage Importers in the US....
Crown Imports has added a new bottle size for Mexican beer brand Pacifico in the US....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts