US: Corona Light launches 12oz can
Grupo Modelo has said it is extending its Corona Light range in the US with a new 12oz "tall" can, to be rolled out across southern states this December.
The new can, which will be launched across the US from early 2009, is targeted at active consumers who may find it difficult to drink Corona from a bottle, the Mexico-based brewer said on Friday (24 October).
"The 12oz can package fits the lifestyle of the Corona Light consumer who, our research shows, is very active, participating in such activities as camping, fishing, bicycling, water sports and beach activities," said Mark McKeown, director of business information for Crown Imports, which imports Corona into the US.
"This new can enables the consumer to enjoy Corona Light in just about any occasion," added McKeown.
The launch will be supported by point-of-sale notices, the firm said. Corona Light increased volumes by 10.5% year-on-year in 2007, Modelo added.
Modelo, the Mexico-based brewer, has reported a 14% drop in net profits for the first quarter of 2009, due to higher raw materials costs and tax charges....
Constellation Brands has announced that the president and CEO of its Constellation Services business, Andy Berk, is to retire....
The vice president of corporate communications at Crown Imports has been named chairman of the National Association of Beverage Importers in the US....
Crown Imports has added a new bottle size for Mexican beer brand Pacifico in the US....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research