US: Corona Extra to sponsor Marc Anthony tour
The light lager brand is linking-up with Marc Anthony for the US leg of his tour
Corona Extra has been revealed as the official beer sponsor of the US leg of musician Marc Anthony's world tour.
The Anheuser-Busch InBev-owned brand's link-up will include pouring rights and pre-concert TV spots at each venue on the nine-date tour, which starts on 23 August in Miami. Two-time Grammy, and three-time Latin Grammy, award winner Anthony, also an actor and producer has sold around 12m albums worldwide.
“Marc Anthony’s popularity and resonance with Latin music fans in particular and Hispanic consumers overall, makes his US tour a perfect fit for Corona,” said Daniel Kinghorn, senior manager of national sponsorships for Crown Imports, Corona’s US importer.
Crown Imports is now wholly-owned by Constellation Brands, in the wake of Anheuser-Busch InBev's US$20.1bn acquistion of Grupo Modelo in June.
In this, the final part of just-drinks' management briefing for January, Euromonitor takes a look at what the year ahead has in store for the global brewing industry....
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
After the Denver Broncos were comprehensibly beaten by the Seattle Seahawks 43-8 in yesterday's Super Bowl, some suggested the team needn't have shown up. Could the same have applied to advertisers? ...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research