US: Corona Extra teams up with Fox Soccer in US
The Fox Soccer Channel (FSC) is partnering with Mexican beer brand Corona Extra for a national promotion tied to coverage of Barclays Premier League and other live programming in the US.
The four-month multimedia promotion will invite fans to 63 'viewing parties' at selected taverns throughout the country, featuring Corona specials and co-branded giveaways including beer buckets and coasters.
"Corona consumers are passionate about soccer," said Crown vice president Kevin Kramnic yesterday (22 January). "We want to help them enjoy their favourite sport through a series of viewing parties in a variety of markets."
"Corona drinkers and soccer fans share a common bond," FSC added. "Both have a taste for the best and are fiercely loyal, to their team or their brand of choice."
Given the consolidation trend in the global beer market it was not likely to be that long before another mega-deal came along. InBev's move for US giant Anheuser-Busch was not unexpected though the co...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Hardys is unveiling two new wines and a new look for its brand....
just-drinks runs the rule over the past month as InBev finally bags its target Anheuser-Busch....
InBev has said it remains upbeat about a resolution of the Grupo Modelo issue, following the announcement of its plans to acquire Anheuser-Busch....
Grupo Modelo has confirmed that it has been in talks with Inbev, ahead of the European brewer's successful bid for Anheuser-Busch....
Wells & Young's is launching a GBP1m (US$1.9m) advertising campaign in the UK for Grupo Modelo's Corona Extra beer brand....
Gaymer Cider Company is to invest GBP1.2m (US$2.4m) in a through-the-line marketing campaign for its Blackthorn cider brand in the UK, upping the product's presence in sport in the south-west....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future