UK: Corona Extra gets UK promotion push
Corona Extra has launched a promotional drive across the UK in partnership with brand distributor Wells & Young's.
A series of events, announced today (6 February), will take place in London, Manchester, Sheffield and Birmingham beginning with a 'walking billboards' campaign this week. In the promotion, eight 'human bottles', measuring over six feet in height, will take to the streets of Bradford, Norwich and Southampton during February and March.
Supporting the initiative will be a fleet of liveried vehicles, branded giveaways, hostesses and dancers.
Angel Garcia Gomez, head of Corona Extra in the UK, said: "Our aim is to continue to raise awareness among consumers with dynamic and fun campaigns that emphasise all that Corona Extra is about.
"A lot of planning has gone into this year's promotional activity and we are delighted to be working with so many top outlets, festivals and trade partners throughout the country."
Following the 'walking billboards' promotion, Corona Extra will be launching a Europe-wide campaign of 'Corona Weeks', where the brand is given a high profile in key UK cities through events and promotions at bars, clubs and restaurants.
The campaign also includes the brand's eighth annual DJ competition, Movida Corona, and The Sessions Tour in partnership with Ministry of Sound, hosting a series of parties across the UK.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range