US: Cork industry launches promo campaign
Cork campaign kicks off in the US
The Portuguese Cork Association (APC) and the US-based Cork Quality Council have launched a major promotional campaign in the US to persuade winemakers and wine drinkers of the supposed benefits of natural cork.
The 100% Cork campaign, which was launched this week at the 2010 Sustainable Brands Conference in Monterey, California, features a new consumer website, www.100percentcork.org.
The site encourages consumers to pledge their support for natural cork. The campaign also uses a Facebook page, www.facebook.com/100percentcork, which has attracted 10,980 followers.
The campaign highlights the environmental credentials of natural cork.
"Choosing cork over artificial wine stoppers is a small but easy step to show that you care about your planet and your wine," said Cork Quality Council executive director Peter Weber. “Cork is recyclable, biodegradable and creates a commercial incentive for the sustainable stewardship of the Mediterranean cork oak forests, which trap carbon emissions.”
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends