CANADA: Corby renews Allied Domecq agreement
Corby Distilleries has renewed its agency, bottling, and administrative service agreements with Allied Domecq and will continue selling brands such as Kahlua and Malibu under current commercial terms.
Allied Domecq, along with its subsidiary Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd., will continue to provide Corby with certain bottling and administrative services.
"Corby has built an exceptional portfolio of core brands," said Jim Clerkin, president of Allied Domecq Spirits North America. "The support provided by Allied Domecq under this renewed agreement will help our Canadian partner achieve market leadership and preferred status among its consumers."
Krystyna Hoeg, president and CEO of Corby Distilleries, said: "Corby is pleased to continue to market and sell Allied Domecq's internationally renowned spirits brands such as Canadian Club, Kahlua, Malibu, Sauza Tequila, Beefeater, Courvoisier and Ballantine's. These are strong brands in their respective categories and will help Corby maintain its position as a leading marketer and distributor of spirits and imported wines in Canada."
The agreements have been renewed under the same commercial terms as the current ones, which were set to expire today (August 31).
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Cautious optimism is probably the best way to describe today's press reaction to Pernod's friendly bid for Allied Domecq....
Spirits firm Allied Domecq has agreed to a takeover bid from smaller rival Pernod Ricard, subject to agreement from Allied shareholders....
Allied Domecq last night accepted Pernod Ricard's offer to buy the UK-based drinks giant....
Allied Domecq today delivered a 7% increase in first half group profits before tax to £285m. Earnings per share were up 7% to 19.2p, turnover that was flat at £1,700m....
Drinks producer and distributor Todhunter International has said that its controlling shareholder, CL Financial, is interested in acquiring some of the brands of Allied Domecq that may become availabl...
Pernod Ricard has had its rating raised....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends