CANADA: Corby, Pernod deal set to be sealed
The Canadian distiller struck an agreement with Pernod in March over the distribution of the French drinks giant's brands and on the production of Corby's products in Canada.
In June, Corby revealed that the moves had been delayed for "administrative purposes" but the company said yesterday (31 August) that the reorganisation of the two companies should be complete by 29 September.
Under the agreement Pernod, which owns a 46% stake in Corby, will continue producing Corby's owned-brands at its production facility in Walkerville, Ontario. Corby will acquire the international rights to Lamb's Rum and the Canadian rights to Seagram's Coolers as part of the deal.
Corby also reflected yesterday on what it dubbed a "solid performance" by the company in fiscal 2006. The company reported earnings and sales figures for the ten months to 30 June. The report came following Corby's decision to change the end of its fiscal year from 31 August.
Corby posted net earnings of C$28m (US$25.3m) on the back of net sales of C$112.4m. The company saw its owned-brands, including Lamb's rum and Polar Ice vodka, contribute over C$99m worth of revenues.
Coinciding with the publication of Diageo's first-half results, this month's just-drinks interview is with Andrew Morgan, president of Diageo's European operations. Morgan took the opportunity to expl...
The vodka sector's capacity for growth, particularly in the US, appears unbounded, and the big spirits players are all keen to gain full advantage. Major companies have recently swooped for the Svedka...
Pernod Ricard is toasting a strong performance in the UK off-trade over the Christmas period....
Diageo has ceased production of its Bushmills Irish cream liqueur due to the dwindling popularity of the brand....
CL Financial, the parent of UK-based drinks group CL World Brands, looks set to buy a US distillery from Pernod Ricard....
Canadian spirits group Corby Distilleries has reported a set of "solid" results for the first half of its financial year....
The UK arm of Beam Global Spirits and Wine is lining up a promotion for its Harveys sherry....
Japanese brewer and distiller Suntory has posted a 21% leap in operating profit for 2006....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review