USA: Corby Distilleries Limited announces renegotiation of exclusivity agreements with Allied Domecq
Corby Distilleries Limited announced today that it has successfully renegotiated its agency, bottling and administrative service agreements with Allied Domecq. The agreements grant sole marketing and sales rights to Corby with respect to Allied Domecq brands in Canada, and Corby will continue to handle such internationally renowned brands as Canadian Club, Beefeater, Kahlua, Tia Maria, Courvoisier and Ballantine's. These are strong brands in their respective categories and will help Corby maintain its position as the leading marketer of spirits and imported wines in Canada.Under the terms of the agreements, Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd. will bottle virtually all of Corby's brands and will provide to Corby certain administrative services. Previous agreements were set to expire on September 30, 2000. The renegotiated agreements provide for a term of one year to September 30, 2001 at an estimated additional cost to Corby of $300,000 for the term of the agreement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down