USA: Corby Distilleries Limited announces renegotiation of exclusivity agreements with Allied Domecq
Corby Distilleries Limited announced today that it has successfully renegotiated its agency, bottling and administrative service agreements with Allied Domecq. The agreements grant sole marketing and sales rights to Corby with respect to Allied Domecq brands in Canada, and Corby will continue to handle such internationally renowned brands as Canadian Club, Beefeater, Kahlua, Tia Maria, Courvoisier and Ballantine's. These are strong brands in their respective categories and will help Corby maintain its position as the leading marketer of spirits and imported wines in Canada.Under the terms of the agreements, Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd. will bottle virtually all of Corby's brands and will provide to Corby certain administrative services. Previous agreements were set to expire on September 30, 2000. The renegotiated agreements provide for a term of one year to September 30, 2001 at an estimated additional cost to Corby of $300,000 for the term of the agreement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research