USA: Corby Distilleries Limited announces renegotiation of exclusivity agreements with Allied Domecq
Corby Distilleries Limited announced today that it has successfully renegotiated its agency, bottling and administrative service agreements with Allied Domecq. The agreements grant sole marketing and sales rights to Corby with respect to Allied Domecq brands in Canada, and Corby will continue to handle such internationally renowned brands as Canadian Club, Beefeater, Kahlua, Tia Maria, Courvoisier and Ballantine's. These are strong brands in their respective categories and will help Corby maintain its position as the leading marketer of spirits and imported wines in Canada.Under the terms of the agreements, Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd. will bottle virtually all of Corby's brands and will provide to Corby certain administrative services. Previous agreements were set to expire on September 30, 2000. The renegotiated agreements provide for a term of one year to September 30, 2001 at an estimated additional cost to Corby of $300,000 for the term of the agreement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018