CANADA: Corby Distilleries extends Stolichnaya deal
The company, which holds the licence for Pernod Ricard's brands in Canada, said yesterday (5 March) that it will represent SPI's Stolichnaya and Moskovskaya vodka brands in the country for a further five years.
At the same time, Corby also entered into an agreement with C&C to continue its representation of C&C's cream liqueur brand, Carolans Irish Cream, for a further three years.
As part of the negotiations, however, Corby said its representation of other C&C brands, including Frangelico liqueur, will expire.
Meanwhile, Corby said it has received a notice of termination of its representation of certain brands from a subsidiary of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, including Courvoisier Cognac.
Corby will cease its representation of such brands from 19 April. It said that it expects to receive compensation of "an amount equal to the commissions that Corby would have earned during the notice period under the previous agreement". Specific figures were not disclosed.
As of 1 April, Beam Global and Edrington Group will transform the Maxxium distribution venture into a new international distribution alliance between the two firms. Current Maxxium partner Remy Cointreau will quit the venture at the end of March.
Corby president and CEO Con Constandis said: "The changes we announced today streamline our agency portfolio allowing us to focus on the best opportunities for both value growth and strategic leverage behind our owned-portfolio."
William Grant & Sons has unveiled a series of new packaging designs for its Glenfiddich 12, 15 and 18-year-old single malt Scotch whiskies....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Corby Distilleries has reported a slip in full-year profits, but was buoyed in the fourth quarter by Absolut Vodka and lower advertising and promotion spend....
Drinks distributor Maxxium UK has hit a setback in its plans to promote Maker's Mark Bourbon, after a festival sponsored by the brand was pulled at the last minute....
SPI Group has revamped the packaging of its Stolichnaya vodka brand, in an attempt to move away from the brands "Authenticity" message....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is to host a live webcast to give a "behind-the-scenes" look at its Knob Creek Bourbon brand....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine's Laphroaig 18 Year Old...
Drinks distributor Maxxium UK is to launch a marketing campaign for Maker's Mark Bourbon, as owner Beam Global looks to increase sales of the brand outside of the US....
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research