CANADA: Corby Distilleries CEO to leave
The president and CEO of Corby Distilleries is to stand down.
The Canadian company confirmed yesterday (11 January) that Krystyna Hoeg will leave on 1 February "to pursue personal interests".
Hoeg will be replaced by Con Constandis, who has previous industry experience with Allied Domecq and Seagram.
"Krys deserves credit for her role in leading solid performance and creating good relationships in the Canadian marketplace, and we wish her the best," said George McCarthy, Corby's chairman. "I am very pleased that we have found an experienced leader in Con to replace Krys, and I am confident that his expertise will provide a strong foundation for future growth."
Hoeg will spend the next few weeks assisting Constandis with his transition into the role.
Constandis previously served as chief operating officer and CFO for Allied's North American business.
Prior to that, he was at the former Seagram's Spirits & Wine Co. in various executive capacities within their US, Canadian and international operations. His most recent industry role was managing director in the Americas for Castle Brands.
There has rarely been dull moment in recent years for anyone concerned with Stolichnaya, with a long-running rights dispute over the brand name, a switch to bottling the brand outside Russia and the t...
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
The focus at this year's London International Wine & Spirit Fair was more heavily on the off-trade than ever before, confirming for Chris Losh that the organisers have all but abandoned attempts to ta...
CL Financial, the parent of UK-based drinks group CL World Brands, has closed the purchase of a US distillery from Pernod Ricard....
Castle Brands has reported a leap in sales volumes and value for its full year, although increased costs lead to deeper losses for the company over the 12 months....
A non-executive director at SABMiller has announced his retirement....
Pernod Ricard is continuing the revitalisation of its Beefeater Gin brand, with the launch of a consumer website....
Halewood International has launched a new brand into the UK cider market.o...
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review