US: Coors unveils domestic ad assault
US beer giant Coors Brewing Co. has unveiled domestic advertising campaigns for five of its key brands.
Coors yesterday (20 March) launched its ad efforts for brands including Coors Light, Keystone Light and Molson Canadian, the Canadian flagship brand of parent Molson Coors.
The brewer is flagging its belief that Coors Light is "The World's Most Refreshing Beer" with a series of ads featuring unusual world record holders.
Coors also unveiled an online campaign for Coors Light. The campaign will see a self-styled Coors Light Silver Bullet Train "visiting" consumers via web portals at 16:53 each day to encourage them to buy a Coors Light "to reward themselves at the end of the work day".
Coors is hoping US beer drinkers will be struck by images of Canada in its campaign for Molson Canadian. Its "Here's to Good Nature" campaign uses scenes of Canadian nature.
For Keystone Light, Coors is planning new executions from its "Always Smooth, Even When You're Not" campaign.
The ads are part of a renewed push to drive beer sales in the US. In the last quarter of 2006, Coors saw US sales-to-retail rise by 2.1% thanks to low-single-digit growth from Coors Light and double-digit growth from Keystone Light.
"Coors Brewing Co. has a strong portfolio of brands that appeal to every type of adult beer drinker," said Andy England, Coors' chief marketing officer. "These new ads tap into the attributes that consumers associate with and value in each of our brands."
The head of Coors Brewing Co. has resigned....
Molson Coors has confirmed the amount of costs it will record from the closure of a brewery in Canada earlier this year....
Molson Coors Brewing Co. has formed a new unit to focus on developing high-end beers in the US, according to reports....
Molson Coors has posted a strong set of first half figures, despite tougher business conditions in the UK....
Molson Coors has approved a two-for-one split of the company's outstanding Class A and Class B common shares....
Molson Canada is set to close one of its breweries in the country....
Miller Brewing Company has announced that its Hispanic agency of record for its Miller Lite brand will be Lopez Negrete....
Coors Brewing Company, the US subsidiary of Molson Coors Brewing Company has announced that it has accepted and purchased US$625m aggregate principal amount of its 6.375% Senior Notes due 2012 that we...
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts