US: Coors to sponsor third ING NYC Marathon
Coors Brewing Company plans to sponsor the ING New York City Marathon for the third consecutive year.
The company said today (31 October) that Coors Light will be the official beer of the race and will be served to "adult participants and fans at post-race parties across Manhattan".
Coors field marketing director Ryan Luckey said: "Coors Light is the number one light beer sold in the New York City area, and we're proud to continue our relationship with one of the city's most prestigious and well-known events."
The company added that the Coors Light brand will sponsor parties throughout the New York City metro area while also being made available at all the hospitality events leading up to the race.
Coors Light will introduce ING New York City Marathon graphics for its 18-pack, featuring the marathon logo on all cans and packaging, the brewer said.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne