UK: Coors to consolidate UK on-trade ops
Coors Brewers has consolidated its on-trade business in the UK with a new appointment.
The UK-based unit of Molson Coors, said today (2 April) that Steve Ellis has been appointed managing director of its independent business. The move, which is an attempt to change the structure of Coors in the free on-trade, has taken immediate effect.
Ellis was previously director of strategic sourcing and logistics. Prior to that, he held senior management positions in both the on- and off-trade.
"I'm delighted to take on this new position, which will put the free on-trade right at the heart of our business," Ellis said. "I am very excited about working with what I believe to be the industry's best sales team to support and grow our customers' businesses."
Speaking to just-drinks today, a spokesperson for the company said that Ellis will answer to Coors' sales director and board member John Holbury.
Molson Coors has usurped Anheuser-Busch in completing a five-year deal to become the official beer sponsor of NASCAR in the US....
Coors Brewing Co. spent US$500,000 on lobbying the US government in the first half of this year, according to a recent filing....
The head of Coors Brewing Co. has resigned....
Molson Coors has confirmed the amount of costs it will record from the closure of a brewery in Canada earlier this year....
Molson Coors Brewing Co. has formed a new unit to focus on developing high-end beers in the US, according to reports....
Molson Coors has posted a strong set of first half figures, despite tougher business conditions in the UK....
Molson Coors has approved a two-for-one split of the company's outstanding Class A and Class B common shares....
Molson Canada is set to close one of its breweries in the country....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research