US: Coors spends US$500,000 on Government lobbying
Coors Brewing Co. spent US$500,000 on lobbying the US government in the first half of this year, according to a recent filing.
The US arm of Molson Coors spent the money lobbying Congress on alcohol advertising, farm legislation affecting barley growers, product labelling, drunk driving policies, energy policy taxes and state-level alcohol regulations. The declaration was made in a disclosure form posted online last month.
US trade body The Beer Institute, of which Coors is also a member, said last month that it had lobbied the US government to the tune of $310,000 in the first half of 2007.
Since 1995, under federal law, lobbyists are required to disclose activities that could influence members of the executive and legislative branches and report the financial sum of any lobbying during the first six months of each year.
The steep rise in alcohol duties announced in yesterday's Budget, which the Government says will help to tackle binge drinking, follows the publication of its review of the 2005 Licensing Act last wee...
Molson Coors Brewing Co. is looking to cut around 4% of its global work force....
Taxes on alcohol in the UK have been raised markedly in today's (12 March) Budget announcement....
The Boston Beer Company has posted a strong set of results for the end of the year, with net profit almost trebling in the final quarter....
Anheuser-Busch is looking to "decomoditise" its Budweiser brand in the UK with a new campaign for the beer....
An attack on RTDs by a political party has been dismissed by an alcohol trade body in the UK....
Molson Coors Brewing Co. has named its new president, global brand and market development, responsible for "growth and expansion of the company's business and brand portfolios in global markets"....
Anheuser Busch has responded to recent legal threats from an activist group in the US over its caffeinated alcoholic drinks, suggesting the group is simply interested in generating publicity....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research