UK: Coors signs renewed Millennium Stadium deal
Coors Brewers has signed a three-year sponsorship deal with Cardiff's Millennium Stadium worth nearly GBP1m. The new deal is a continuation of an existing partnership.
Coors and the Millennium Stadium/Welsh Rugby Union have been in partnership since the Stadium's inception and opening for the 1999 Rugby World Cup. Carling, Coors' leading brand, accounts for 68% of total sales at the stadium.
Paul Sergeant, chief executive of the Millennium Stadium said: "We are delighted to have this partnership with Coors, we always strive for the best and having Britain's best selling lager sold on the premises makes a lot of sense."
"Since opening in 1999, we have used the high-tech dispensers developed by Coors that are able to pour 12 pints in 14 seconds - and wouldn't have been able to meet demand had we not. This will be a really positive partnership for both parties."
Martyn Cozens, sales managing director for Coors said: "While Coors is one of the biggest brewers in the world, my staff and I are Welsh and based in Cardiff. We have historic links with Wales being involved with Welsh Sport and culture going back to 1884. Since then evolving through Welsh Brewers and Bass Brewers, the company has built and retained great links with Welsh sport. Coors is proud to support and sponsor Welsh Rugby especially at "grass roots" level and supplies 70% of Welsh Rugby Clubs.
"We understand the Welsh culture and the aspirations and ambitions of the management of the Millennium Stadium, recognised throughout the world as an iconic stadium. Carling with its sporting and music pedigree is the perfect brand fit. We look forward with great optimism to the next three years."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends