US: Coors pulls TV adverts in Colorado
Coors Brewing Co. is to pull three ads from television screens in Colorado. The move follows chairman Peter Coors' announcement that he is to run for senator in the state.
The adverts feature Peter Coors being quizzed by Coors customers, with the tagline "You've got questions, we've got beer."
Coors said the adverts will continue to run over the rest of the US, but will not be shown in Colorado to comply with federal campaign laws.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Edrington's Highland Park Valkyrie - NPD
- Coca-Cola to cut 1,200 jobs
- Coca-Cola looks to fast-growing functional drinks
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report