US: Coors net income up 32% in 2002
However, in spite of the rise a disappointing performance from the company's US operations resulted in the brewer falling short of analysts' forecasts by some way, resulting in a fall in the company's share price.
Coors' operating income for the quarter, excluding special items, was 63 cents a share, compared with 49 cents a share in the corresponding period last year. According to a Thomson First Call poll, analysts had on average been estimating 75 cents a share, with a range of 59 cents to 90 cents.
The company's net sales, after excise taxes, rose by 75.7% in the fourth quarter to US$981.1m, while net sales for 2002 as a whole were 55.4% higher at US$3.78 billion. The company said sales volumes reached 37.37m hectolitres in 2002, up 40.2% from 2001.
Coors said that the increase in volume, sales and earnings during 2002 was primarily attributable to the acquisition of the UK brewer, Bass, now Coors Brewers Ltd., from Interbrew in February 2002.
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
Interbrew is launching its most aggressive consumer drive yet for its Stella Artois this summer. The company said that its 2005 marketing activity will be spearheaded by a value-added consumer promoti...
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends