US: Coors net income up 32% in 2002
However, in spite of the rise a disappointing performance from the company's US operations resulted in the brewer falling short of analysts' forecasts by some way, resulting in a fall in the company's share price.
Coors' operating income for the quarter, excluding special items, was 63 cents a share, compared with 49 cents a share in the corresponding period last year. According to a Thomson First Call poll, analysts had on average been estimating 75 cents a share, with a range of 59 cents to 90 cents.
The company's net sales, after excise taxes, rose by 75.7% in the fourth quarter to US$981.1m, while net sales for 2002 as a whole were 55.4% higher at US$3.78 billion. The company said sales volumes reached 37.37m hectolitres in 2002, up 40.2% from 2001.
Coors said that the increase in volume, sales and earnings during 2002 was primarily attributable to the acquisition of the UK brewer, Bass, now Coors Brewers Ltd., from Interbrew in February 2002.
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
Interbrew is launching its most aggressive consumer drive yet for its Stella Artois this summer. The company said that its 2005 marketing activity will be spearheaded by a value-added consumer promoti...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends