US: Coors Light vents on Tax Day
Coors Brewing Co. has lined up the launch of a new type of can for its Coors Light brand this month in the US.
The subsidiary of Molson Coors Brewing Co. said today (8 April) that it will be "celebrating Tax Day 2008 with the launch of its new 'vented wide-mouth can' and proclaiming 15 April: 'National Venting Day'".
Coors Brewing vice president of marketing Lee Dolan said: "We know from talking to beer drinkers that more than half of them do not like the way their beer pours from a can and want a smoother pour. The 'Vented Wide Mouth' is the latest step in our attempt to create a can that drinks like a frosty glass. On Tax Day, we're giving beer drinkers a better way to vent."
"With the industry's first built-in vent and an 8% wider opening, the Vented Wide Mouth Can allows for a smoother pour and delivers a draft-like experience that reduces the vacuum or 'glugging' effect," the company added.
All 12-oz Coors Light and Coors Banquet cans will feature the new can packaging design this month, with the launch being supported by a "full marketing campaign, including TV, print, online, radio, POS and out-of-home" activities.
Rising consumer interest in speciality beers presents definite opportunities for the dark beer category, writes Catherine Mars of Euromonitor International....
Brewblog, the drinks industry news blog sponsored by MillerCoors, is to be shut down because it no longer fits with the company's communication strategy....
Coors Brewing has lined up new packaging for its Coors Light beer brand in the UK on- and off-trade....
Coors Brewers has blamed "extraordinary times" in the UK beer market for its decision to up wholesale prices in the country later this month....
Rising consumer interest in speciality beers and a fresh round of industry consolidation have given brewers in the US reasons to be optimistic, a report says....
PLB has given the packaging for Brazilian beer brand Palma Louca a revamp in the UK....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news the world's number one wine group was to reduce its Australian footprint, Coca-Cola has acquired assets in Colombia and Diageo i...
Molson Coors has posted a marked drop in profits for the first half of this year, as one-off charges made their presence felt....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research