US: Coors Light to sponsor New York Marathon
Coors Light will sponsor this year's ING New York City Marathon. The brand will run promotions at over 400 bars and restaurants along the marathon route during the week leading up to the race and on the race-day itself - 6 November.
Coors Light will also unveil commemorative "New York City Marathon" Coors Light cans, tap knobs, pennants and mirrors. The cans will be available from 1 October in retail locations in New York City and the tap knobs, pennants and mirrors will be featured at participating bars.
"Coors Light goes where its consumers are - to football, stock car racing, basketball, baseball, surfing, running and other action-packed venues- and this sponsorship allows us to recognise and support the running community's accomplishments," said Steve Medina, field marketing director for Coors Brewing Company.
"After running 26.2 miles, marathoners deserve positive recognition and we look forward to toasting their remarkable achievement at the finish line."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends