MEXICO/US: Coors Light to sponsor Mexican soccer league
Coors Light has become the official beer of the Primera División in Mexico
MillerCoors has secured 'exclusive beer' status with Mexico's Primera División soccer league for its Coors Light beer brand.
The company, a joint venture in the US between Molson Coors and SABMiller, said yesterday (16 September) that Coors Light will partner with the Mexican Football Federation (FMF), while launching the 'Tú Ventana a la Liga' blog, where Mexican soccer legend Jorge Campos will provide his insight into the league. Television, radio, online and out-of-home advertising has already debuted with the start of the 2010 Torneo Clausura (Winter Tournament) and national promotions such as viewing parties will be part of the sponsorship activation.
Financial details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
Coors Light will also have the rights to Liguilla (playoffs) and finals logos, as well as the use of champions trophy imagery, use of the first division team names in the official calendar and rankings, and rights to use the first division logo in internet, packaging and memorabilia.
"Soccer is the sport of choice for the Latino community, and represents an important passion point to connect with this valuable consumer," said Rick Gomez, vice president of marketing for the Coors brands. "This deal with the Primera División will allow us to continue strengthening the growing relationship with one of Coors Light's most important audiences, legal-drinking-age Latino consumers."
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research