US: Coors Light targets Hispanic football fans
Coors Light is lining up bilingual packaging to target Hispanic men in the run-up to the Super Bowl.
The Molson-Coors-owned brand, which is the official beer sponsor of the National Football League in the US, will begin the rollout of the bilingual packaging in Texas and California to reach Latino football fans.
"The popularity of NFL football among Latinos in the US continues to grow at an accelerated rate," said Paul Mendieta, marketing director for US Hispanic and Latin America, for Coors Brewing Company yesterday (20 December).
"Appealing to Latinos' affinity for the NFL around the Super Bowl, the biggest football event of the year, allows Coors Light to bring an exciting brand experience to this consumer."
The Super Bowl-themed packaging will incorporate the Coors Light, NFL and Super Bowl XLI logos in its design. The Super Bowl XLI tagline 'One Game. One Dream.' appears on the packaging in English and Spanish.
In addition to the new packaging, Coors Light is the presenting sponsor of Tazón Latino I - Latino Bowl I - the first nationally-televised flag football game between ex-NFL players and Latino celebrities. The game will be filmed during Super Bowl week in Miami and will air on 3 February.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO