US: Coors Light - New NFL season, new packaging
Coors Light, the official beer sponsor of the NFL, is introducing new packaging for the new season.
The Coors Light 'NFL 18-Pack Plastic Bottle Cooler Box with Football-Themed Bottles' is the industry's first ice-ready bottle package. The limited edition football label features pigskin texturing on the front and back of the bottle. The plastic cooler box will be supported by a full marketing mix including television, out of home, radio and POS. The box will be available from 1 October.
The Coors Light '5-Litre Commemorative NFL Kickoff Mini Keg' holds over 14 bottles of Coors Light. It will be available from 1 September.
Included with the Coors Light 'Commemorative NFL Kickoff Can' is a competition to win NFL prizes. Each can includes a 9-digit official entry code that consumers simply enter via text messaging or at www.coorslight.com for a chance to win. These will be available from 15 August.
The 24-ounce Coors 'Commemorative Monday Night Football Can' also has a competition for NFL prizes running as support. This too will be available from 15 August.
"This will be the most exciting football season ever for Coors Light and our NFL fans," said Jim Sabia, vice president of marketing for Coors Brewing Company. "With new packaging and promotions that run from NFL Kickoff in August all the way to Super Bowl XL in February, Coors Light will deliver cold refreshment and unique NFL opportunities to our consumers for more than six months."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits