US: Coors Light - New NFL season, new packaging
Coors Light, the official beer sponsor of the NFL, is introducing new packaging for the new season.
The Coors Light 'NFL 18-Pack Plastic Bottle Cooler Box with Football-Themed Bottles' is the industry's first ice-ready bottle package. The limited edition football label features pigskin texturing on the front and back of the bottle. The plastic cooler box will be supported by a full marketing mix including television, out of home, radio and POS. The box will be available from 1 October.
The Coors Light '5-Litre Commemorative NFL Kickoff Mini Keg' holds over 14 bottles of Coors Light. It will be available from 1 September.
Included with the Coors Light 'Commemorative NFL Kickoff Can' is a competition to win NFL prizes. Each can includes a 9-digit official entry code that consumers simply enter via text messaging or at www.coorslight.com for a chance to win. These will be available from 15 August.
The 24-ounce Coors 'Commemorative Monday Night Football Can' also has a competition for NFL prizes running as support. This too will be available from 15 August.
"This will be the most exciting football season ever for Coors Light and our NFL fans," said Jim Sabia, vice president of marketing for Coors Brewing Company. "With new packaging and promotions that run from NFL Kickoff in August all the way to Super Bowl XL in February, Coors Light will deliver cold refreshment and unique NFL opportunities to our consumers for more than six months."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review