US: Coors launches 'cool' innovations
Coors Brewing Company is launching two innovations for its Coors Light brand in the US that centre around consumers' desire for cold beer.
Super Cold Draft and the Cold Activated Bottle will both be released this year in the US, the brewer said yesterday (11 April).
Coors claims its Cold Draft system is the first pouring system of its kind in the US, pouring Coors Light at a temperature below freezing. Coors Light Super Cold Draft is dispensed from a bar top presence - a mountain draft tower that forms an outer layer of real ice.
"Coors Light is the world's most refreshing beer and this round of innovations delivers on our Rocky Mountain heritage while addressing consumers' desire for the coldest, most refreshing beer," said Andy England, chief marketing officer at Coors.
"Our latest innovations continue to raise the bar by delivering on our promise to provide the world's most refreshing beer no matter where our consumers decide to enjoy a cold Coors Light."
Coors Light is also introducing the Cold Activated Bottle, which features mountains on the label in thermochromatic ink that turns blue when Coors Light has been chilled to the right temperature for consumption. The bottle will be available on all 12oz. Coors Light and Coors bottles at participating bars, restaurants, grocery, convenience stores and liquor stores from next month.
Coors Light will support these moves with a series of television ads that show adult consumers enjoying the benefits of these new products in a humorous way, the company said. They will also be supported with a full marketing campaign, including online, radio and out-of-home throughout the summer.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Change Your Name Before It's Too Late
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Comment - Wine - Not on the List
- Interview - PepsiCo chief scientific officer
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- Pernod takes 84% stake in Avion Spirits
- Edrington to set up global Travel Retail team