UK: Coors drives Sol heritage in UK market
Coors has launched a consumer campaign to reinforce the brand's heritage in the UK.
The company said today (23 July) that it plans to raise awareness for its Mexican beer brand by throwing 'Solset' parties in fifty bars across London, Manchester, Cardiff, Newcastle, and Glasgow. The campaign will also involve branded VW Beetles driving around the cities and consumers being handed branded limes directing them to the company's new website to enter a competition to win a fortnight in Mexico.
Senior marketing manager Steve Mitchell said: "Sol is one of the few premium packaged lagers currently in growth, with on-trade distribution increasing from 5% to 7% in 2007. This new campaign aims to raise awareness of the brand with consumers and to paint the most engaging and lively picture of Sol's authentic and original Mexican provenance - giving the trade real opportunities to join in with Sol's continued value growth in outlet."
Sol is owned by CCM, a subsidiary of FEMSA in Mexico. Coors owns the sole marketing and distribution rights for the beer in the UK.
FEMSA Cerveza has confirmed that it is raising its prices in Mexico....
Microsoft Corporation boss Bill Gates has taken a stake in Fomento Economico Mexicano (FEMSA), according to a US Securities and Exchange Commission filing....
Fomento Economico Mexicano (FEMSA) has announced the placement of two tranches of Mexican Peso-denominated bonds in the Mexican capital markets....
Fomento Economico Mexicano (FEMSA) has said it expects its domestic beer volumes to expand more than economic growth forecasts have predicted for next year, according to reports....
Coca-Cola FEMSA and The Coca-Cola Co. have successfully completed the acquisition of Mexico-based juice company Jugos del Valle....
Fomento Economico Mexicano (FEMSA) has announced plans to invest in the construction of two plants in Mexico....
Brewing and soft drinks group Fomento Economico Mexicano (FEMSA) has posted a 7.2% rise in consolidated total revenues for the third quarter to MXN36.73bn (US$3.4bn), but revenue growth at its brewing...
Coca-Cola FEMSA has posted a healthy set of third-quarter results with its domestic market providing operating income growth for the first quarter in over a year....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends