US: Coors considers RTD options
Adolph Coors Co, the third biggest US brewer, is considering a joint venture with another company to market sprirts-based drinks and is also planning to reintroduce Zima, its flavoured malt drink, according to reports today.
Speaking with financial analysts and institutional investors in New York and quoted by Reuters, the company said it will introduce new marketing for Zima, which has been a weak seller in recent years after a strong introduction. It did not provide details.
Furthermore Coors is to launch a new product which it only called "Zima's wild cousin".
After the success of such drinks as Smirnoff Ice and plans from rivals Miller Brewing and Anheuser-Busch to launch RTDs it was no surprise to hear that Coors is also now considering some new spirits-based drinks.
Although few details were revealed Reuters said Coors was in discussions with others companies.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Anheuser-Busch may have to reinstate workers it dismissed after catching inappropriate behaviour using hidden cameras....
Anheuser-Busch is to follow the US launch of its B(E) beer by rolling out the brand in the UK....
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch said today that it had seen its earnings per share fall 3% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same period last year as it was hit by difficult trading condi...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
Anheuser-Busch has increased its economic interest in China's Tsingtao to 27% upon its conversion of all the remaining convertible bonds in Tsingtao....
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research