US: Coors chairman in drink-driving arrest
Pete Coors, chairman of US beer giant Coors Brewing, will appear in court next week after being arrested on a drink driving charge in Colorado.
Coors, 59, will attend a court hearing next Thursday (20 July) after he was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol after leaving a friend's wedding reception. The incident happened on 28 May when Coors was pulled over by a police officer for going through a stop sign.
A Coors Brewing spokesperson told just-drinks today (14 July) that Coors took a breathalyser test and he was found to have a blood-alcohol content of 0.088%, above the legal limit of 0.08%.
Mr. Coors admitted that he had "made a mistake". He said: "I should have planned ahead for a ride. For years I've advocated the responsible use of our company's products. That's still my message, and our company's message, and it's the right message. I am sorry that I didn't follow it myself."
Coors is also vice-chairman of Molson Coors, the world's fifth-largest brewer, formed in 2005 with Coors' merger with Canadian brewer Molson.
The Finnish government may look at increasing taxes levied on beers and spirits by 10%, said Liisa Hyssala, the country's Health and Social Services Minister....
Norwegian alcohol retail monopoly Vinmonopolet saw sales rise slightly last year thanks to a rise in wine sales....
V&S Group has vowed to appeal against a ruling from a Swedish court that said the company had infringed the trademark rights for Californian wine brand Golden Gate....
The deadline for new excise stamps on imported wine and spirits in Russia has been extended, according to local reports....
Carlsberg is looking to revive flagship Swedish brand Pripps Blå with the launch of Blå, a beer targeted at younger consumers in the Scandinavian country....
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has appointed a new director of human resources....
The British Soft Drinks Association has moved to dismiss claims that caffeine is present in some soft drinks purely to make them more addictive to consumers....
Kirin Brewery Co. is set to launch a flagship mainstream beer brand, according to reports in Japan....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- A-B InBev in China - just the Facts
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Vodka Market 2015-2019