US: Coors Brewing transfers US real estate to MillerCoors
Coors Brewing Co. has confirmed the transfer of several of its properties in the US to MillerCoors.
The recent transfers, both of which occurred earlier this month, include Coors Distributing Co.'s plant in Denver and Coors Brewing's barley grain elevator. Other Coors properties recently shifted to MillerCoors' ownership include the Rocky Mountain Bottle Co. glass bottle-making plant and the endline plant, which makes aluminium can ends.
Last week, MillerCoors, which began operations on 1 July, selected Chicago as the home for its combined headquarters. The new head office will house between 300 to 400 executive and management staff at the HQ, the majority of which will come from Miller Brewing's main office in Milwaukee and Molson Coors' Golden, Colorado base.
In February, Molson Coors vice chairman Pete Coors was cited as saying: "If you pick one city over another (Milwaukee or Golden), people in the other city will say, 'They're running the deal.' I don't think that's particularly healthy."
The brewing sector has seen steady consolidation in recent years and 2008 was certainly no exception. Olly Wehring reviews a year which began with the protracted takeover of S&N by Heineken and Carlsb...
Per capita consumption of beer in India may currently be small but SABMiller believes demographic and economic factors point to exciting long-term potential for the market. Chris Mercer reports from I...
Companies should not allow the recession to stifle commitment to tackling sustainability issues....
SABMiller has blamed the global economic slowdown for a 1% slip in beer volumes in its third quarter....
SABMiller has confirmed its ongoing interest in acquiring a brewery in Belarus, following state media reports of government support for a move....
The International Center for Alcohol Policies (ICAP) has appointed a new chairman....
SABMiller and R&A have entered into a long-term agreement under which Pilsner Urquell will become the official beer of The Open Championship....
China Resources Snow Breweries has begun the construction of its production facility in Paoshan Industrial Zone in the outskirts of Shanghai....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018