US: Coors Brewing launches drink drive initiative
Coors Brewing Company is launching an alcohol responsibility initiative in the US, designed to remind consumers that they "hold the key" to preventing drunk driving.
The "You hold the key… never drive drunk" campaign is designed to remind adult consumers of the solutions to preventing drunk driving, and will be supported through print advertising and logos on all CBC television, print, radio and outdoor ads.
"We've always been focused on promoting the responsible enjoyment of our products and this campaign speaks directly to our consumers in a way that will resonate with them," said Bill Young, director for US alcohol responsibility at Coors Brewing. "We've built this programme so that all of our distributors and retailers nationwide can participate and help consumers prevent drunk driving."
Three elements of the programme include; 'Responsible Alcohol Server Training'; 'Designated Driver Programs'; and 'Taxi Cab Programs'.
Earlier this month, Coors launched the latest instalment of its GBP14m (US$27.5m) advertising investment behind the Carling lager brand in the UK. The new advert features the same five characters used in previous ads, and again highlights the "unwavering loyalty" of a group of close mates, this time riding to the rescue of a mate trapped at "the tea party from hell".
Sectors: Beer & cider
The Netherlands-based Scaent Group acquired the mothballed Glenglassaugh Distillery from Highland Distillers in February. After nine months of preparation, the distillery will be up and running by the...
In spite of the economic downturn, the prognosis for the US wine market remains healthy, according to a new report from Wine Intelligence. Wine sales continue to grow year on year, but with per capita...
French senators are to begin drafting legislation to legalise alcohol publicity on the web, and prevent free wine tastings from being outlawed....
The president and managing director of United Spirits has called on authorities in India to speed the "evolution" of a consensus on alcohol taxation in the country....
View 10 of the top stories published on just-drinks this week....
Retailers have rejected calls for minimum prices on alcoholic drinks, as proposed by an influential committee of MPs this week....
The EU Commission has officially recognised "Czech beer" as a protected name, but debate reigns on how many brewers will use it....
Diageo Northern Ireland has launched a heavyweight advertising campaign to communicate responsible drinking with consumers in the lead up to Christmas....
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Japan and the global soft drinks race
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report