US: Coors Brewing chief quits
The head of Coors Brewing Co. has resigned.
Frits van Paasschen has confirmed today (3 September) that he is leaving the US arm of Molson Coors to join Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide as CEO. Van Paasschen has been with Coors since March 2005, where he held the posts of president and CEO.
In a company email, Molson Coors CEO Leo Kiely said he will take over van Paasschen's duties until a replacement is found. Van Paasschen will assume his new position from 24 September.
No-one was available for immediate comment when contacted by just-drinks today.
Late last month, Molson Coors created a new unit in the US to focus on developing high-end beers in the US. The unit, known as AC Golden Brewing Co., will look to "introduce above-premium beers to the market-place", the company told US wholesalers last week.
Trade body The Global Alcohol Producers Group (GAPG) paid US$240,000 to a lobbying firm in the US last year, according to a recent filing....
US-Canadian brewer Molson Coors has announced the purchase price and results of the tender offer by its subsidiary, Coors Brewing Company, to purchase any and all of its 6.375% Senior Notes due 2012....
US-Canadian brewing force Molson Coors has declared a quarterly dividend of US$0.16 per share, which will be payable on 17 March, 2008 to shareholders of record on 29 February, 2008....
SABMiller has said that it is unlikely that the headquarters of its proposed US joint venture with Molson Coors will be in either Denver or Milwaukee, despite having "a significant presence in both" l...
Molson Coors Brewing Company has posted a lift in sales and profits for 2007, having "delivered on the promise" of the merger between Molson and Coors in 2005....
Coors Brewing Company is looking to purchase its 2012 senior notes....
Coors Brewing Co. has signed a four-year covenant with the National Black Economic Development Coalition (NBEDC) to "reaffirm its commitment to the African-American community"....
Coors Brewers has confirmed the launch of two additions to the Grolsch portfolio of beers in the UK....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018