AUS: Coopers shows annual profit boost
South Australian brewer Coopers has booked an increase in annual profit on the back of an 8.2% lift in revenue.
Coopers' profit rose 53.5% to AU$19.5m (US$17m) for the 2006-07 financial year, up from AU$12.7m (US$11m) in 2005-06, when the cost of defending a hostile takeover bid from Lion Nathan cut into reported earnings.
Coopers managing director Tim Cooper said sales were up 8.2% to AU$141m as beer sales rose 7.9% by volume, lifting domestic market share to 3.2%.
Cooper said: "On the national stage, Coopers now accounts for 3.2% of all beer sales with growth of 22% in beer volume in the eastern states and Western Australia."
"Total beer sales in Australia generally have been static and for Coopers to be able to continue to grow its sales and achieve a record profit is a testament to the company's strength," Cooper added.
The Australian unit of Diageo has confirmed details of a change of managing director....
Increased excise on pre-mixed spirits in Australia is expected to boost beer sales for Foster's and Lion Nathan....
Kirin Holdings is on the hunt for partnerships in India, Thailand and Vietnam, according to local reports....
Diageo Australia has applauded other producers of RTDs in their decision to introduce the two standard drink, a plan the company introduced in the country last year....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review