Coopers Brewery taps Pernod Ricard exec for sales role
Coopers, the Australian brewer, is stepping up its sales and marketing efforts
Coopers Brewery has poached a Pernod Ricard executive to lead its sales teams in two key Australian regions.
Ian Bradshaw, formerly a regional sales manager for Pernod's Australian unit, has taken up the role of Coopers' marketing and sales manager for South Australia and the Northern Territory. He has also joined the Adelaide-based brewer's executive management team and will co-ordinate its marketing activities.
It is not immediately clear if this is a newly-created role.
“Part of my job will be to ensure that Coopers continues to grow in a challenging market, with ongoing pressures faced by the beer industry as a whole, and competition from other brewers and beverages,” said Bradshaw, who has also worked for Cascade, Boag's and on the Two Dogs brand.
The 152 year-old firm, which is majority-owned by the Coopers family, last year spent AUD20m (US$21m) on an expansion project, which included doubling the size of its cellar.
In August this year, its rival Lion reported a slip in alcohol volumes in Australia as it pointed to the country's "declining" beer market.
Diageo's decision to sell its wine interests reflects how wine offers fewer synergies with other beverage categories and does not always sit easily within the multi-sector portfolios of global beverag...
In the second part of this week's just-drinks interview, William Grant & Sons' chief commercial officer, Simon Hunt, discusses the growing role played by craft spirits, the group's core markets and fu...
Earlier this year, just-drinks sat down with Simon Hunt, the chief commercial officer at William Grant & Sons, in a restaurant just around the corner from the company's global headquarters in west Lon...
Luxury rum growth may have passed its peak as new figures forecast a severe slowdown over the next five years. ...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research