AUSTRALIA: Coopers Brewery in Budweiser joint venture
A new company, trading as Premium Beverages and to be headquartered in Melbourne, is to be formed to market both the Coopers brand and Budweiser. Tim Cooper is to be the chairman of the new company.
Coopers boss Glenn Cooper said that Premium Beverages had been established to take advantage of the substantial growth opportunities available in the premium and imported beer market in Australia.
Premium and imported beers account for 7.9% of the total beer market in 2001 and achieved 16% growth. Imported beer is the fastest growing category in the Australian beer market showing approximately 27% growth in the past year.
"Given that Coopers products have become increasingly sought after by the rest of Australia, we decided it was appropriate to form an alliance that would allow us to accelerate the growth of our products nationally and internationally," said Mr Cooper.
Mr Bruce Siney said that American Beverage Distributors was delighted to be associated with a significant Australian brewing company that has been successful for more than 140 years.
"Our plans are to substantially lift the market profiles of both brands and to increase their distribution in all states and territories. Budweiser is America's favourite beer and a brand which has also become increasingly popular internationally, especially amongst beer drinkers in their twenties and thirties."
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Anheuser-Busch may have to reinstate workers it dismissed after catching inappropriate behaviour using hidden cameras....
Anheuser-Busch is to follow the US launch of its B(E) beer by rolling out the brand in the UK....
The US brewer Anheuser-Busch said today that it had seen its earnings per share fall 3% in the first quarter of the year, compared to the same period last year as it was hit by difficult trading condi...
Patrick Stokes, president and chief executive officer of Anheuser-Busch Companies, has said that the company's board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend....
Berkshire Hathaway Inc., the holding company of billionaire Warren Buffett, has acquired a significant stake in Anheuser-Busch....
Anheuser-Busch has threatened to stop buying rice from Missouri if the state allows genetically modified, drug-making crops to grow within its borders....
China's largest brewer Tsingtao Brewery has reported a 16.4% jump in net profit for the year to Y285m, according to local reports....
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020