US: Cooper secures US rugby deal for Bazza Tea
Cooper Tea Co. has teamed with the USA Rugby association to make its Bazza High-Energy Tea the sport's official high-energy sponsor in the country.
The deal, confirmed yesterday (1 February) gives the drink sole ownership of the high-energy category for all USA Rugby-sanctioned events, as well as exclusive pouring rights at all USA Rugby events. Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
"Both Bazza and USA Rugby share a commitment to healthy, active living, with smart choices regarding diet and exercise," said David Voth, vice president of business development for USA Rugby.
In conjunction with the announcement, Cooper Tea said it has launched a Bazza-sponsored rugby scholarship programme. For every bottle of the drink sold this month, a portion of the profits will donated to fund rugby scholarships and awards.
Cooper Tea launched Bazza last month in the US. The drink contains green tea, yerba mate, guarana and cola nut, and is available in 16.9oz. bottles, in green tea and raspberry tea flavours.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends