IRELAND: Cooley unveils Connemara rebranding
In a bid to highlight the brand's roots, the company said today (1 September) that it also wants the brand to maintain its 'premium' look.
"Connemara is a truly unique Irish whiskey based on the rich heritage of distilling used in the West of Ireland and is the most decorated Irish whiskey of recent times," said Jack Teeling, sales and marketing director for Cooley Distillery.
"To communicate these unique selling points we have given Connemara a new appearance which celebrates its Irish heritage while still having a contemporary premium feel."
To coincide with the packaging launch, Cooley has extended the Connemara range with the launch of a 'Small Batch Collection' series, involving limited edition bottlings of new expressions of Connemara Peated Single Malt.
The first release involves "finishing" Connemara in Sherry casks, which is bottled at 46%.
The company claimed this to be the oldest bottling of an Irish grain whiskey to have been released on the market.
Jack Daniel's whiskey owner Brown-Forman lifted its full-year profits guidance on Tuesday (8 December), exceeding expectations and moving analysts to raise their fair value estimate on the firm. Miche...
C&C Group has reported another fall in cider sales for its fiscal third quarter, but the Magners owner remains hopeful of stemming a volume rot after a strong Christmas period in the UK....
Pernod Ricard has reported a 3% drop in like-for-like sales for its fiscal half-year....
Constellation Brands, the world's largest wine firm, saw third quarter results beat analysts' expectations yesterday (7 January), but investors remained concerned by the slide in profits and sales....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine, the drinks arm of Fortune Brands, has appointed its first vice president for whiskey....
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts