US/IRELAND: Cooley strikes travel retail distribution deal
Irish whiskey manufacturer Cooley Distillery has signed a distribution agreement with Haleybrooke International for the North American travel retail market.
The deal marks Cooley's entry into the US travel retail market for the first time.
The US, the world's largest Irish whiskey market, is a key target for Cooley. Sales of Irish whiskey there have grown more than 230% over the past decade.
Travel retail distributor Haleybrooke also represents wine and spirit brands such as Chabot Armagnac, Greenall's gin, Compass Box Scotch whisky, Freixenet sparkling wines and Wuliangye Chinese spirit.
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research