CHILE: Control looks to export pisco
One of the largest producers of Chile's national spirit pisco, Pisco Control, is aiming to begin exporting pisco in 2005.
The company aims to export around 60,000 cases of the spirit next year to Europe and the US, Control's general manager Elio Elorza said. Control is currently working towards signing an alliance with a multinational that could handle distribution.
Control is basing its hopes primarily on marketing pisco as the base of the pisco sour cocktail, which it hopes to popularise abroad.
Control is the second larger pisco producer, with a 37.3% share of the Chilean market in the first five months of this year.
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group