USA: Content is King When it Comes to Wine Websites; National Survey Shows Talk Isn't Cheap
When it comes to wine websites, knowledge is power... purchase power, that is. A new survey by WineAccess.com, shows that wine lovers prefer the value of information over hard-sell tactics when it comes to buying their favorite beverage.The national, on-line survey of 2,400 consumers who use wine websites was conducted by Point of View Research, PA, and found that people prefer a wine website that provides an easy, interactive way to ask questions, exchange information and get recommendations from all kinds of other people on the website.All this talk, it seems, isn't cheap. In fact, a whopping 53 percent of wine lovers who prefer this approach purchase wine at least once a month, while an additional 21 percent purchase their wine weekly, making them more frequent buyers than any other model tested."People want to learn from someone who knows and buy from people they trust. That's why a majority of Americans prefer online retailers with stores that also have a physical presence," comments Jim Weinrott, founder of WineAccess.com.WineAccess.com is a national community of wine consumers online, each one a customer serviced by an actual local retail store (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends