USA: Content is King When it Comes to Wine Websites; National Survey Shows Talk Isn't Cheap
When it comes to wine websites, knowledge is power... purchase power, that is. A new survey by WineAccess.com, shows that wine lovers prefer the value of information over hard-sell tactics when it comes to buying their favorite beverage.The national, on-line survey of 2,400 consumers who use wine websites was conducted by Point of View Research, PA, and found that people prefer a wine website that provides an easy, interactive way to ask questions, exchange information and get recommendations from all kinds of other people on the website.All this talk, it seems, isn't cheap. In fact, a whopping 53 percent of wine lovers who prefer this approach purchase wine at least once a month, while an additional 21 percent purchase their wine weekly, making them more frequent buyers than any other model tested."People want to learn from someone who knows and buy from people they trust. That's why a majority of Americans prefer online retailers with stores that also have a physical presence," comments Jim Weinrott, founder of WineAccess.com.WineAccess.com is a national community of wine consumers online, each one a customer serviced by an actual local retail store (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report