USA: Content is King When it Comes to Wine Websites; National Survey Shows Talk Isn't Cheap
When it comes to wine websites, knowledge is power... purchase power, that is. A new survey by WineAccess.com, shows that wine lovers prefer the value of information over hard-sell tactics when it comes to buying their favorite beverage.The national, on-line survey of 2,400 consumers who use wine websites was conducted by Point of View Research, PA, and found that people prefer a wine website that provides an easy, interactive way to ask questions, exchange information and get recommendations from all kinds of other people on the website.All this talk, it seems, isn't cheap. In fact, a whopping 53 percent of wine lovers who prefer this approach purchase wine at least once a month, while an additional 21 percent purchase their wine weekly, making them more frequent buyers than any other model tested."People want to learn from someone who knows and buy from people they trust. That's why a majority of Americans prefer online retailers with stores that also have a physical presence," comments Jim Weinrott, founder of WineAccess.com.WineAccess.com is a national community of wine consumers online, each one a customer serviced by an actual local retail store (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research