ARGENTINA: Consumption of premium wine increases
Argentinean wine producers are feeling positive effects in their businessdue to the increase of premium wine consumption, locally and abroad.Covisan, the company of Mendoza acquired Suter for US$15mil a few monthsago. The investment was possible due to Banco Santander Central Hispano thatinvested US$25mil in the company, (of which 15mil in the acquisition ofSuter and the remainder to be invested in the company" expansion).Covisan-Suter is the third major winery in Argentina with a turnover ofUS$70mil per year and plans investments of US$10mil to boost sales in fiveyears. It opened a branch in Sao Paulo, an office in Great Britain andanother in California. Suter exports less than 10% of its wine production.Of Covisan-Suter" total turnover, 60% is from table wine and 40%, from threeyear old and premium wine. The company holds 5% stake in premium wine marketin the country. In table wine, Covisan-Suter controls around 15% of thesales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends