ARGENTINA: Consumption of premium wine increases
Argentinean wine producers are feeling positive effects in their businessdue to the increase of premium wine consumption, locally and abroad.Covisan, the company of Mendoza acquired Suter for US$15mil a few monthsago. The investment was possible due to Banco Santander Central Hispano thatinvested US$25mil in the company, (of which 15mil in the acquisition ofSuter and the remainder to be invested in the company" expansion).Covisan-Suter is the third major winery in Argentina with a turnover ofUS$70mil per year and plans investments of US$10mil to boost sales in fiveyears. It opened a branch in Sao Paulo, an office in Great Britain andanother in California. Suter exports less than 10% of its wine production.Of Covisan-Suter" total turnover, 60% is from table wine and 40%, from threeyear old and premium wine. The company holds 5% stake in premium wine marketin the country. In table wine, Covisan-Suter controls around 15% of thesales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research